Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our strange connect with non-living things

 It's been months that I have been running after someone and pining for one positive gesture from the other person, inspite of the person having told me a clear No. A little shameless on my part, I suppose. I had gone so crazy that I would close my eyes and see that person. I knew that something was wrong somewhere, but if I feel that way, I can't force myself out of it till I actually feel different.
Yesterday, it suddenly occurred to me that by my binding that person so much to my thoughts and desires, not only was I binding myself, I was in a way binding the other person too. That was an eye-opener. I would never want to bind the person I really truly love against his wishes. It ceases to be love that very moment that you try to bind. My feelings changed and I could let go. Aah! I feel so free now and that feeling that I was doing something wrong is so gone.

Oh! I forgot to explain the "not only was I binding myself, I was in a way binding the other person too". Do you believe in telepathy? If not,then, really no point in reading further. For those who do, I believe that if you really love someone and keep the person always in your thoughts and feelings, you are drawing that person to you because of the power your love and feelings hold. That's the concept behind attracting anything that you want or do not want to yourself. Haven't you ever experienced that something that was constantly in your thoughts actually coming to you or happening to you? I'm sure you must have coz it happens to everybody.
So, the point is, its ok that you attract a thing/experience to you, but its not good if you do that with a specific person, because you might be affecting the person in a way that he/she does not want. If they did, they would have anyways come to you without you having them in your thoughts. Its ok to desire love, but not that specific person against that person's desires.

Hmmmmm... I have not yet written abt the main topic of this blog. :) So, after I felt free, I decided to take my bike(gearless Scooter) for a ride after 2 years of not having used it. I call her Dhanni and I have an amazing connect with her. She has always symbolized freedom for me from the first time I bought her. I used to talk to her all the time while riding. I hope I'm not sounding like a psycho :)

Picked this image from google pictures. No clue what is pxleyes.com and I do not endorse it either :)

It was amazing how it was so easy to reconnect. Her electric start has ceased to work for now, but it was amazing how easily she started in the cold season with kick start. And I felt so good to be back in touch with my old friend. You know, the first time I met with an accident with Dhanni, I had cuts on my hand and stomach and there was some blood too. I remember I started crying and my colleague didn't know what to do and stupidly asked me why I was crying. I told him I felt very bad that Dhanni was hurt(Her brake handle broke and had scratches at multiple places). He couldn't stop laughing for 2 minutes.

Its a different feeling when you feel the wind while on the bike and you know its just two of you. The manouvers that you do are as one entity. The traffic that you go through, the accidents(small ones); all are as one. Its like sharing joy and sorrow and experiences. In Avatar(the movie), the connect with the dragon made so much sense. When you are on it, you do function as one and as much as I'd love to have a living being as my ride, for city life, my non-living Dhanni does feel alive :)

I have a friend who calls his car 'his wife', sometimes to the disappointment of his Gfs :) But, I've had the priviledge to have driven his car and I agree with his fondness for his car. One hell of a smooth drive. I think his love for his car makes it so.

 Anyways, like the Jockey Ad, "Unconditional Love or nothing". If you love your vehicle, you do get unconditional love from it. Go give you vehicle some love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment